Due Date: Monday, September 6
As a reminder, each final manuscript must be no more than 8 pages (including the abstract, figures and tables),
double-columned, and 9pt or 10pt font. One page of references is allowed, which does not count towards this
Please review the IEEE Conference Paper formatting guidelines for information about your paper’s required format.
Please note that the ACM format will not be accepted this year.
About PDF eXpress
It is required to run your final paper through the IEEE eXpress submission site to make sure the PDF is compliant.
IEEE will return to you a certified copy of your paper attached to the confirmation email – this is the certified
version of your final manuscript that you will submit to ICCAD. Please note that this IEEE certification is required
for publication, and that this certification is indicated in the document properties of your final PDF.
Begin using PDF eXpress
1. Prepare your Final Manuscript
• Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision
• Use the IEEE Template
• Remove the IEEE Copyright Stamp on the bottom left of the first page
2. Create a PDF eXpress Account for ICCAD 2021
Use the following URL to access PDF eXpress: https://ieee-pdf-express.org/
Select “Create Account” at the bottom of the page, then enter the following:
- 51958X for the Conference ID
- Your email address
- A password
- Other information, as prompted
Previous users of PDF eXpress will also need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same
password that was used for previous conferences.
Once your submission is uploaded, a confirmation message will be displayed and an email confirmation will be
sent verifying your account setup. Verify that your contact information is valid.
You will have the opportunity to revise your submission to eXpress if you are not satisfied with the PDF
that it creates for you, if you find mistakes in your manuscript, or if your PDF fails the PDF Check. Please
be sure to begin this process as soon as possible as eXpress is a tool which can be used multiple times, but
we can only accept the final manuscripts through SoftConf, and only before the ICCAD 2021 final paper
Why do I need to use PDF eXpress?
Resources and Support
The new IEEE Xplore® Requirements for PDF has been enforced as of 2005. All conference articles submitted
to IEEE sponsored conferences must be in IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF format.
IEEE offers PDF eXpress as a free service to IEEE conference authors, allowing you to make Xplore-compatible
PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs you have created yourself for Xplore compatibility (PDF Check
Advantages to authors:
- It provides a means for you to convert your files to PDF, without requiring you to have access to a
- This conversion is provided in an IEEE Xplore compatible format, without you having to worry about
- The system emails the converted file back to you, so you can make sure that your contribution is IEEE
Xplore compatible and that no unintended corruption occurred.
- It ensures that your paper views and prints as well as possible in IEEE Xplore.
- By minimizing the risk of post-processing problems, it reduces the amount of time it will take for your
paper to appear on IEEE Xplore.
- It greatly simplifies the task of conforming to IEEE submission requirements.
Access the Publications Support Center
for support, specifically
IEEE PDF eXpress related FAQ
, if you have
any trouble using this tool. If you do not find an answer in the Find Answers tab, go to the Submit a Question tab.
Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.
3. Upload your Xplore compatible PDF Manuscript to SoftConf
Due Date: Monday, September 6
(11:59 pm Eastern Time, US New York Time)
Once you have used the eXpress tool to prepare your submission, please return to the SoftConf page to submit
your final manuscript.
During this process, you will be required to submit an eCopyright form through IEEE’s portal. The completed
form will be emailed to you. Please download the form and submit it in the field below the link.
Please reach out to Caroline at email@example.com
for any assistance needed.